2022 Festival ZOOM Rooms
Join the Festival on the morning of Saturday, April 2! Zooms will activate just before 12:00 PM. We encourage all participants to jump from room-to-room and ask questions! Make your entry into the Zooms easier by creating your personal Zoom account early! Please install ZOOM if you don’t have it already. Not all devices are compatible with these technologies, so try to plan ahead.
By accessing the Virtual Festival, you agree:
- That the Virtual Festival is a voluntary activity, and may be terminated by either party – TAMU or you – at any time and without any liability to either party;
- That participant(s) must have access to a reliable Internet connection with a mobile device or computer to view the Virtual Festival;
- That participant(s) must have access to a mobile device or computer with a working keyboard and/or microphone to ask questions in the Virtual Festival;
- That participant(s) accept the risks associated with transmitting information over the Internet and using telecommunications technologies (including electronic tampering and unauthorized access by third parties), and that participant(s) will only use a mobile device or computer that they know is safe and, at a minimum, has a firewall, anti-virus software installed, is password protected, and accesses the Internet through a private connection when participating in the Virtual Festival;
- That participation in the Virtual Festival may require participant(s) to use third-party products such as ZOOM, or services that are not operated or controlled by TAMU (“Third Party Services”), and that use of those Third Party Services will be governed solely by the terms applicable to those Third Party Services as agreed upon between you and the providers of the Third Party Services;
- That TAMU does not endorse or support, is not responsible for, and disclaims all liability as to the privacy practices, data security processes, and other policies or practices of Third Party Services;
- To be, and to ensure that the participant is, respectful to TAMU personnel and other Virtual Festival participants, and to not, and to ensure that participant(s) does not, defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights of TAMU, its personnel, or other Virtual Festival participants;
- To comply with copyright and other intellectual property laws pertaining to files, images, software, and other protected material that may be used or referenced during the Virtual Festival;
- To monitor participant(s)’s participation in the Virtual Festival and to determine whether the Virtual Festival is beneficial to and appropriate for participant(s);
- That only participant(s) may participate in Virtual Festival Third Party Services sessions;
- That you will not record the Virtual Festival Third Party Services sessions or share any participant(s) materials that may be used or referenced during the Virtual Festival;
- That the Virtual Festival is intended to complement, but not replace, the education or activities provided by participant(s)’s regular school or you, and is provided without warranty of any kind, express or implied;
- That Virtual Festival personnel may or may not be certified or professional teachers and TAMU assumes no duty or responsibility for the learning outcome or participant(s) academic performance or progression;
- That information provided by you about you and participant(s) is accurate and does not misrepresent the identity of you or participant(s);
- That information provided by you about you and participant(s) may be disclosed to TAMU employees, volunteers, and contractors for the purposes of providing the Virtual Festival;
- That TAMU may change the content of the Virtual Festival at any time without notice;
- That any Virtual Festival volunteers will be serving as direct service volunteers to TAMU as described in Texas Education Code § 51.937;
- That TAMU may use participant(s) name, likeness (still or moving), and words (written or spoken) for purposes related to the mission of TAMU, including publicity, marketing, and promotion of TAMU, in any medium;
- That you hereby waive, covenant not to sue, and agree to indemnify and defend TAMU, The Texas A&M University System and its Board of Regents, and their members, officers, agents, volunteers, and employees (“releasees”) from any and all liabilities, claims, demands, injuries, or damages, including court costs and attorneys’ fees and expenses, that you or participant(s) may sustain or inflict while participating in the Virtual Festival, including injuries sustained as a result of the sole, joint, or concurrent negligence, gross negligence, negligence per se, statutory fault, intentional torts, or strict liability of releasees; and
- That you have the legal right as a parent, guardian, or teacher to assist participant(s) in attending the Virtual Festival.
We hope you find the Virtual Festival useful and encourage suggestions and comments. Please report any inappropriate behavior by Virtual Festival personnel to firstname.lastname@example.org or 979-845-7717.
TAMU does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not provide your contact information or any other personally identifiable information to TAMU. If you are the parent or legal guardian of someone under the age of 13 who may have provided TAMU with information without your knowledge or consent, please contact email@example.com or 979-845-7717 to have this information removed.
To view, amend, or delete any information provided by you about you or your child, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 979-845-7717.